[lbo-talk] NOW Stats. was re: I made it!

Mycos mycos at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 30 17:12:44 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:
> I'm tickled pink! I made Tomlinson's list of Now guests
> <http://www.npr.org/documents/2005/jun/cpb_pdfs/now.chart.pdf>,
> identified as "author of the Left Business Journal," and classifed as
> "liberal/Democrat" and "oppose administration."
>
> Doug

Geez, You see how Tomlinson skewed the stats to reflect his own agenda? He states that of the 19 Conservatives* or Republicans who appeared, only 8 supported the administration while the rest (11) were opposed. But when you look closer, he has decided that the following are "neutral" and as such aren't worthy of inclusion in his conservative/Republican column. These include the Oregon Chairman of the Christian Coalition, an activist soliciting support for the Jewish Settlements,, a group of people from the Israeli settlements who apparently have such differing views that it's hard to say whether they have a more liberal democratic perspective or a conservative one. Of course this last is about as believable as saying that Tom Osborne [R-NE] is neutral on Bush, something the report actually claims, along with Republican Representative Jim, Ramstad of Minnesota.

*his call. Based on the above, I've little doubt that a Google search of those in the liberal column(or conservative for that matter) will show something quite different than what he has deemed as such.

--

Gary Williams

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign." - John Stuart Mill

http://mycos.blogspot.com/

Todays Iraq Body Count

Min Max

22582 25590