[lbo-talk] Harris on Iraq

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed Mar 2 19:09:45 PST 2005

Doug Henwood crossposted:

> <http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=544>
> The Harris Poll® #14, February 18, 2005
>
> * 47 percent believe that Saddam Hussein helped plan and
> support the hijackers who attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001 (up
> six percentage points from November).
> * 44 percent actually believe that
> several of the hijackers who attacked the U.S.
> on September 11 were Iraqis (up significantly
> from 37% in November).
> * 36 percent believe that Iraq had
> weapons of mass destruction when the U.S.
> invaded (down slightly from 38% in November).

On the other hand, 53%, 56% and 64% of the pollees refuse to believe in the central dogmas of the Terror War -- despite no Left media (OK, there's Jon Stewart and the Animation Channel, but you know what I mean), no mass union movement, and no Left mass party. It wasn't like this in the 1950s, 1960s, or even the 1980s, when clear majorities of Americans whole-heartedly toed the Imperial line.

-- DRR