[lbo-talk] RE: Kazimierz Witaszewski

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 08:26:02 PST 2005

> I was with you up until this point - how could it be
> a good idea to
> build a disco in Auschwitz station? What else, a
> honky-tonk at
> Wounded Knee?
>
> Doug

Auschwitz (or rather Oswiecim) is not primarily the name of a death camp. It is primarily the name of a town, in which 40,000 people live. Here is a map on the town's web site, which shows the railway station in question: http://www.um.oswiecim.pl/pl/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=64

I don't see how it's suprising that Auschwitzers would want to build a disco at their one and only train station. Which is centrally located. Across from the hotel. Where tourists stay. Who may want to go out for a night on the town and spend money. At, for instance, the conveniently-located disco.

"There shall be no dancing within the Auschwitz city limits! All Auschwitzers must be required to dress in somber clothes and genuflect toward the death camp at least twice a day!"

===== Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday! Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/