[lbo-talk] Anatol Lieven et al. on Chechnya (five stars!!!!)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 5 05:13:57 PST 2005

--- uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
> Chris Doss posted:
>

> I don't know what exactly Lieven has in mind, but
> when did India align with the West and what is
> pro-India about the West's policy on Kashmir?
>
> Ulhas

I assume Lieven is talking about the difference in rhetoric. Have you seen much of the Anglo-American (the French is even worse) coverage of Chechnya? It's psychotic. They were still trying to deny that Islamists were active in Chechnya until Dubrovka proved that to be impossible in 2002 -- that was all "Russian propaganda." Al Qaeda has been active in the North Caucasus since around 1993. Now the Islamists in Checyhna are supposedly a "fringe element." Actually, they are the MAIN element.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday! Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/