[lbo-talk] Jon Stewart, Bush admirer

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:27:45 PST 2005

[I always thought Stewart was a clown. And I don't mean that in a positive way.]

Mideast Strides Lift Bush, But Challenges Remain

By Peter Baker Washington Post Staff Writer Tuesday, March 8, 2005

A powerful confluence of events in the Middle East in recent weeks has infused President Bush's drive to spread democracy with a burst of momentum, according to supporters and critics alike....

As he prepares to give another major speech today to mark the progress, Bush has been in a buoyant mood, aides said, seeing the recent moves as vindicating his expansive vision. "He feels validation," said one aide. ...

The debate in Washington has shifted as well. Jon Stewart, a liberal talk show host on Comedy Central, raised the idea last week that maybe Bush was right. "This is the most difficult thing for me, because I don't care for the tactics," he said, "but I've got to say I've never seen results like this ever in that region." ...

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15415-2005Mar7.html>

Carl