[lbo-talk] Hezbollah Monkey Wrenches The Script

Bryan bryan at indymedia.org.il
Wed Mar 9 01:11:19 PST 2005

Interestingly, here in Israel, while PM Sharon is hilariously riding his moral high hobby-horse demanding, along with Bush, that Syria fully end its 'occupation' of Lebanon immediately and unconditionally, some leaders of the Israeli military and intelligence 'community' have been warning that a Syrian redeployment could be destablizing to Lebanon and create heightened tension and cross-border violence on the northern front.

Then again, perhaps Sharon knows this and is hoping for something of this sort that would shift the domestic pressure off of him and move the Israeli collective mind from all the internal strife and possible explosion of Israeli against Israeli violence surrounding the proposed pullout from Gaza in the coming months, onto an external enemy that we can all join together again and hate in unison.

One of the problems with the political and military leadership in this country is it is always hard to discern if their machinations stem from conniving intelligence or brute and bumbling stupidity. Often the difference from the outside is impossible to percieve.

Bryan