[lbo-talk] Question: Source of High European/Relatively Low US Unemployment

T Fast tfast at yorku.ca
Wed Mar 9 09:27:37 PST 2005

I have a nice little comparative paper on this topic if anyone would like it I will send it to them. While it does not attempt an explanation of why rates differ it does have lots of detail about labour markets (part-time employment, demographic pressures, employment growth, etc., which helps to shed some comparative light on this subject. It also takes a look at trends in the growth / retrenchment of welfare state spending.

Travis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Henwood" <dhenwood at panix.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:54 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Question: Source of High European/Relatively Low US Unemployment