[lbo-talk] U.S. Reports Accelerating Job Growth

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Mar 9 19:25:06 PST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I could theoretically earn a few hundred bucks in royalties over the
> next couple of years, but only theoretically, since Verso - how to put this
> gently? - isn't always reliable about making royalty payments. I'm trying to
> decide whether it's worth the effort of doing a second, seriously updated
> edition, but that's a totally different question. I spent six years writing
> Wall Street and made <$10,000 on it, and would like to squeeze another couple
> of bucks out of it if I could. But that doesn't seem likely, so I'm trying to
> figure out the best thing to do with it in its present, slightly outdated
> form.
>
> Doug

I knew it was bad, but less than $10,000 for six years of research and writing? Egregious. I can understand why you'd like to milk it for a few more dollars.

On a related note, I've been wondering how you keep the LBO empire afloat finanacially. I know it's an indelicate question, but I'm impressed and amazed that you can make ends meet fighting the good fight without an academic position and/or govt. support. How do you do it? (Did Soros set up a Swiss bank account for you?)

Miles