[lbo-talk] The Indispensable Avakian

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 19:16:33 PST 2005

"The Inconsequential Avakian" would be a better title. I dont think people really mean what they say in blurbs, most of them sound "canned", so I am not taking Cornel West's statement too seriously. -Thomas --- louis kontos <louis.kontos at liu.edu> wrote:

> why is that?
>
> On Mar 10, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Max Sawicky wrote:
>
> > My regard for Cornel West drops a couple of
> notches --

http://www.insidehighered.com/views/intellectual_affairs__11

<<Furthermore, we must ask what does the dialectician want? What does this will which wills the dialectic want? It is an exhausted force which does not have the strength to affirm its difference, a force which no longer acts but rather reacts to the forces which dominate it-only such a force brings to the foreground the negative element in its relation to the other. Such a force denies all that it is not and makes this negation its own essence and the principle of its existence.>> -Gilles Deleuze "Nietzche & Philosophy"