[lbo-talk] Wall Street Book

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 22:47:58 PST 2005

I'm extremely sympathetic to the plight of writers struggling to make a living off their work. I wouldn't encourage a writer to give his words away for free any more than I would encourage an electrician to freely donate his labor to some big company.

If you're finding it hard to make ends meet lately, I'd say investigate whatever income-producing possibilities there are for _Wall Street_. If you're doing okay, then, yeah, donating it to the public at large could not only help "the class struggle," but your reputation -- which, in the end, could be used as a kind of bargaining power for your next work. Not to mention that donating it could really enlighten a lot of minds and educate a lot of folks.

You only know what your financial etc. straits are, though. That should take precedence, imo.

-B.

"I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978