[lbo-talk] NATO first batch of peacekeepers to Western Afghanistan

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Fri Mar 11 07:59:27 PST 2005

Autoplectic wrote:

>The Italians have been there since October. My [former] college roomie
>is training them.

Does he write about the situation in Afghanistan? Btw, does Pentagon try to censor mail sent by the US soldiers in Afghanistan & Iraq?

> Oh and the Army ain't gonna do doodoo about the
>heroin shipments; the Afghan farmers are running a classic scam on US
>AID and the Pentagon.

Yes, it certainly looks like that. But I think progress in Afghanistan may have to be measured over a decade rather than by year. That Taliban regime is gone is by itself a big step forward for Afghans and their neighbours (eg Kashmir is barely 350 miles from Kabul).

Ulhas