[lbo-talk] credit card charges

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Mar 11 11:04:14 PST 2005

I posted something at a list read by a lot of tech journos. It was about credit card fraud and I briefly mentioned a recent experience with a weird $30 charge, made locally. The bank was reluctant to reissue a new card. After I insisted, she was cool but it was evident that the bank preferred not to go to the trouble. A journalist wrote, wants to interview me next week.

Cool, maybe I can get some ink for the biz. [1] So, if'n anyone here has been through one of these incidents -- a weird small charge you had to dispute, a bank reluctant to trash the card for a new one, or anything similar-- write me offlist. I don't know what will come of this, but I suppose it can't hurt me to help him with the task of rounding up people for the story.

.k.

[1] I suppose some folks here thinks it's crass to market the biz this way, but I haven't gotten one job offer. I've networked networked networked, sent tons of resumes, etc. Nothing. In 6 weeks, $ runs out. I need some work. I have plenty of work -- but it's all for free, to build our portfolio, since so much of what I've done was proprietary and not for public display. Anyway, boohoo, whatever, just cut me some slack, 'k? Constructive advice otherwise welcome!