[lbo-talk] Spiders...

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Mar 15 10:34:53 PST 2005

At 01:13 PM 3/15/2005, Leigh Meyers wrote:
>Snakes...
>
>Ego surfing... Found this via yahoo search:
>http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%22leigh+meyers%22+lbo-talk&ei=UTF-8&fl=1&vl=lang_en&x=wrt&meta=vl%3Dlang_en
>
>303 Results for [Gmail]
>Search LBO-Talk Archives. Limit search to: Subject & Body Document Size
>Subject Author. Sort by: Date Rank Author Subject Reverse Sort
>search.lbo-talk.org/search/swish.cgi?query=Gmail - 12k - Cached - More
>from this site

's'ok. A friend of ours gave us free hosting. He's a premium service, so I normally couldn't afford what he offers anyway. One of the tools he has is a LiveStats service. There's a googlebot in China that sits at your Web site every blessed second of the day monitoring traffic. (they rank based on the amount of traffic you get and how long people stay). I'm assuming that's what it's for. THe same bot monitors my partner's personal page which his friend has also been hosting for free. (At least this is what I assume a Chinese Web site wants with our site since I don't know for sure, just know a teensy bit about SE and SEOs.)

A couple of years ago, I was showing clients how you could use Google for "open source hacking". We picked a name/e-mail address of someone we all knew. Surfed. Within the first ten hits, Google listed his Amazon 'Wish List' -- which could have been pretty embarassing, eh?