[lbo-talk] chuckO for pres

Michael Dawson MDawson at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 15 12:53:03 PST 2005

Right, but, for somebody who's an uncompromising anarchist, isn't "professional" a rather tainted way of saying "look great" or "look better than that?" Competence is certainly part of a "profession," but usually so is a major dose of arbitrary power and privilege, right? That's why lawyers, for instance, insist on writing badly. Otherwise, everybody can see what they're saying and doing.

Don't think I've ever heard Noam Chomsky use the word "professional" to distinguish himself...