[lbo-talk] leftwing hate machine

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 16 11:59:48 PST 2005

just a note, the other thing that prompted my musings was that WMNF is doing its fund raising drive (and they're getting NO support for middle of the day current events programming with Amy Goodman either, Doug!).

So, people are writing/phoning in. Once in awhile, someone will say they don't like all the *hate* in WMNF's political programming, though they like the music. Some of the favorites seem to be Sunday Morning Simcha [I can take, like, a half-hour and then I go guano!) and the Polka (too fuckin' long please stop already and make it the Polka Five Minutes!) Hour and the FLorida Folk Show (which is mainly fun b/c you can listen to father and daughter bicker!).

Same thing today, someone calls in to complain that they just *hate* Bush too much on the show. Seriously, I don't hear hate coming out of that station. Really? Not the kind of crap you hear from Rush or any of the other (!!) Weinie Waggers! They were doing the anniversary show on Rachel Corrie and I was thinking how someone like Rush wouldn't think twice about making Rachel Corrie pancake jokes.

Sometimes, they play a recording that's a hodge podge of Bushisms, but that's it. They just play it. No commentary. Woo! Wow! Such hate. This is *nothing* approaching the kind of stuff you hear on Limbaugh -- not even close to the crap Glen Reynolds probably spews. Though Max probably follows him more than I ever have.

And the unpatriotic angle? I don't get it. Daily Kos was in the army for pity's sake!

Oh, anyway. And Deb, glad I ennertain'd ya.

s.s.