[lbo-talk] Ha'aretz: 47% of Palestinians live below poverty line

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 12:43:28 PST 2005

Like, holy shit, for real! Say it ain't so! I thought they were livin' large over there, getting all their funds from Syria and Iraq for blowing themselves up! Damn!

----

47% of Palestinians live below poverty line By Gideon Alon, Haaretz Correspondent

Some 47 percent of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip live below the poverty line, the coordinator of government activities in the territories, Major General Yossef Mishlav told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Wednesday.

The poverty line in the Palestinian Authority stands at $2.1 a day per capita.

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/spages/553052.html

"I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978