[lbo-talk] leftwing hate machine

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Mar 17 08:47:23 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Why can't we have a proper hate machine too? I'm tired of coping with
> unmechanized contempt on such a small scale!

I agree. We need to hate these right wingers more, but do it in a variety of ways.

The easiest way to do this is to just be out about our politics. The more vocal we are, the more space we make for our comrades who are feeling a bit beleagured by the Patriot Act and the right wing spin machine. The right wing culture warriors like Limbaugh and Horowitz really think they can intimidate the left by rallying the public against us traitors. I find this to be very amusing, because I know that our numbers are actually very large. And the Left needs to chuck these bad ideas that we are facing the New McCarthyism or the New COINTELPRO or whatever. Please, this is 2005, not 1955.

Chuck