[lbo-talk] leftwing hate machine

Guilherme groschke at luminousvoid.net
Thu Mar 17 10:03:04 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Carl Remick wrote:
> The basic built-in advantage that the right enjoys is that stoking hatred is
> the *whole point* of the right, whereas hatred is just a guilty indulgence
> for the left, whose default setting is an ooey-gooey, humanitarian,
> why-can't-we-all-be-friends inclination to see the brother/sisterhood of all
> and to look for the best in people. As soon as the left becomes as vicious
> and nasty as the right, victory is ours! :)

I had an idea last nite for a left wing coulter type hack job of scholarship. I think it could sell.

Basically you'd take Kipling's "the white man's burden." Instead of applying it for white and brown peoples, you'd apply to blue and red states. Quote such great lines from the Poem:

Fill full the mouth of Famine And bid the sickness cease; And when your goal is nearest The end for others sought, Watch sloth and heathen Folly Bring all your hopes to nought.

Weave in what the new deal did for rural development, drop a reference to the fact that rush listeners wouldn't be there without rural electrification. Mention how their red inclinations ruin all of that.

Make sure you call the work "Politically Incorrect".

and the best thing? if the righties criticize the book, you can deflect it as criticism of their valued imperialism.

-gr