[lbo-talk] leftwing hate

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 17 12:56:47 PST 2005

Chuck:

> But my main point is that the general population has not turned
> out in the streets to stop protesters.

Yes, but my point (implied, not stated) is that they don't really need counter-protestors. They run the world, after all. Given that context, you can't draw any kind of equivalence between progressive demonstrations and counter-demonstrations. They enemy only turns to mass reactionary vigilantism when they have a real fear of losing power or of seeing their power diminished, anyway.