[lbo-talk] leftwing hate

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 15:58:36 PST 2005

As with the "crossing AFL-CIO picket lines" issue, I'm with Lacny as opposed to Chuck0 on this one, too. A lack of right-wing counter-protestors does not mean we [the left] are more powerful than we think. The right has little reason to mobilize protest; they're at the helm of power. And like Lacny said, their counter-demonstrators are actually at a lot of protests, i.e. the police forces, if not the FBI or military in addition to them.

-B.

---

Chuck0 wrote:

"I can see your point about how the police are used by the ruling class, but I'm going to stick to my point that the absence of

counter-demonstrators should give us the green light to get out in the streets more. The Left is way too good at disempowering ourselves with these myths about our own repression. I think we have to talk about this differently, to fire up our troops."

"I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978