[lbo-talk] India 8th in billionaire club

KJ kjinkhoo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 11:52:33 PST 2005

If I recall, these figures are a mix of income and expenditure Ginis, and some are household and some converted to per capita household equivalents. Useful for time-series, but x-country comparisons are more problematic. Specifically, I think the India figures the WB gives are based on the NSS expenditure numbers. The Gini I cited came from income surveys (See, Lal, Mohan & Natarajan in the EPW of Mar 24 2001).

kj