[lbo-talk] Oil touches $57 per barrel, many OPEC membersator above capacity

jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 18:27:10 PST 2005

> > Michael Dawson wrote:
> >
> > >Peak or no peak, how many more decades of oil-BURNING can we take?
> >
> > That's the real question. I don't think Hubbert's going to do the work for
> > us.
> >
> > Doug

The "real" question? I agree that the coming of Hubbert's peak is a bit overblown my people with a preference for catastrophic thinking but to imagine it signifies nothing seems a bit naïve. Michaels question is certainly the more important of the two but to imagine there will not be any irrational reactions to reaching the peak is awfully hopeful thinking. Something between catastrophy and non-event seems far more likely to me.

John Thornton