[lbo-talk] Et tu, Bill Maher?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 21:02:22 PST 2005

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>>... Even heroes of mine like Jon Stewart and my buddy Bill Maher have
>>hopped on the Bush bandwagon. "I've been supportive of President Bush,"
>>Maher told Wolf Blitzer this week, "now that I think Iraq is turning
>>around ... He had a bigger and better idea than the rest of us." ...
>>
>><http://www.salon.com/opinion/huffington/2005/03/17/fairytale/>
>>
>>Carl
>
>Bill Hicks is dead. What do you expect?
>
>I tapped the same vibe as A-Huff:
>
><http://redstateson.blogspot.com/2005/03/miracle-spread.html>

To paraphrase Tom Paine: These are the times that try all souls. The summer dissident and the sunshine peacenik will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of humankind, but s/he that stands now deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

Long story short, I'm still willing to give peace a chance ;-)

Carl