[lbo-talk] Oil touches $57 per barrel, many OPEC members...

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 19 02:27:50 PST 2005

Okay, I'll stick my neck out here: world oil production will peak no later than 2010. I hope I'm wrong, but the statistical model is pretty compelling. I'm not a betting man, but come 2011, we'll see.

I think the world has already reached the peak. Funny how the price seems to have doubled since the invasion of Iraq. Demand from India and China is increasing everyday. Supply appears to be constantly dwindling, at least from my untrained eye.

So, the shit hits the fan when the price of oil becomes more than the price of say, commodified sunlight or windpower. Hopefully, that happens before the glaciers in the Himalayans melt and the grass grows too high in Anarctica.

Regards, Mike B)