[lbo-talk] M19 in New York City

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 08:32:27 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 08:21:28 -0500, Nathan Newman <nathanne at nathannewman.org> wrote:
> Who cares about coordinating with ANSWER? Why wasn't UFPJ coordinating
> with antiwar Democratic grassroots groups like the Deaniacs or the Kossacks
> or the other networks of antiwar folks? The mobilization for M19 was
> nearly invisible as far as I could see and I saw little evidence of
> outreach.

For what it is worth, our local Olympia rally included two city council members . (One was a speaker.)

Co-sponsers included Voices For Change which grew out of a merger between the Deaniac and Kuchinich movements. But it also included some grassroots people linked to "fringe groups". Basically, any grassroots progressive group who supported the immediate end of the U.S. occupation in Iraq was welcome to join the coalition putting together the rally.