[lbo-talk] M19 in New York City

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Mar 20 17:06:32 PST 2005

Lance Murdoch wrote:

> Thank you so much for your comments. A young activist from Paris was
> telling me the exact same thing a few weeks ago. I was one of those
> thousands out in New York yesterday - marching to the Times Square
> direct action and later attending the Central Park rally. The idea
> that sitting at home and playing Nintendo will do more to stop the war
> is in my mind nuts (although that's what this list's moderator
> suggested).

THE DAMN PROTESTS IN NEW YORK CITY WILL NOT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING!

Even the people who participated in them will forget about them within a week.

The Bush administration, the ruling class, and the pro-Bush Americans don't care about these protests because THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING. They are mass exercises in standing around, listening to speakers from the WWP, and feeling like you've accomplished something. The war machine is not threatened by these rallies and as Doug pointed out, the pathetic numbers just make us look bad. The worst damage that comes from this is that it further disillusions those activists who have been sitting at home in despair. You aren't going to mobilize this base with the same old march and rally routine!

Chuck