[lbo-talk] CPUSA condemns anti-semitism

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 11:13:23 PST 2005

--- Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, but at first look, The CPUSA making a statement
> condemning anti-semitism would be tantamount to me
> saying that I am against tooth-decay. However, in
> all
> fairness to the CPUSA article, they were condemning
> the fact that certain Communists in the RU signed a
> declartion that was anti-semite.

I assume this means the letter signed by members of the KPRF and Rodina suggesting that Jewish organizations be banned on the grounds that they promote anti-Semitism? Given the timing of the event (Putin was speaking at Auschwitz at the time), my guess is that it was a provocation to embarrass him.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!