[lbo-talk] Re: terri schiavo

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Mar 22 13:15:18 PST 2005

>a lousy $100,000. What?

sorry it was one million. I left off some zeros in my haste to get to my chiropratic appt.

>>Here's the part I haven't seen discussed on this list:
>>She was bulemic. The heart attack was caused by a potassium imbalance,
>>which was caused by her bulemia.

I saw a neurologist on MSNBC who had been one of Terri's doctors. He stated very clearly that she was not in a persistant vegetative state and that she had not had a heart attack which some papers are reporting. He said there would be enzymes present in the blood if it had been a heart attack and that there were none found. So he says the docs did not really know what had happened to her. He said there should be an investigation of the circumstances re her impairment. He also remarked that he was certain that Terri was conscious of his visit to her bedside, i.e., he was reading response.

Marta