[lbo-talk] 15 clams+

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Mar 23 05:05:57 PST 2005

Wanna afford a 2 bedroom (typically 900 sf) apartment in this area: you need to earn $15+/hr.

Well, no kidding. But lookee: Our friend, in Ft Lauderdale, thinks he's paying a LOT of money for a Web designer if the salary is $35k. @@ Of course, my friend isn't making even tha much for his own wage. Still, my point is: that's pretty much typical for the Web designer wage right now in this area. I talked to a freelancer the other day who said you were luckly to get mid-30s if you're a highly skilled graphics artist.

Who the fuck is making all the money that they can afford the $500k and up houses in this area?

Hell, Nielsen media will pay you a big old whopping 35k to work a nerve wracking project management job, expecting you to be on call.

Sorry Grace. If I can, I'm becoming a nurse. Oh, hey, hope you can retire soon because, with my luck :), my entry into the marketplace will drive wages down drastically.

Fuck! I used to say I cursed the companies I worked for. In my yoot, every time I'd land a job, the joint would shut down!

ANyway, just thort I'd rant. I'm going to go listen to my favorite version of the MI theme song:

http://www.inkworkswell.com/portfolio/iwar/intro.html

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling