[lbo-talk] Schiavo: case closed, sez WashPost

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Mar 23 14:27:53 PST 2005

> Why should this man be put through the
> horror of believing he is in a concentration camp? Wasn't once
> enough? We know he isn't in one but, since he truly believes he is,
> he is suffering as much mental anguish as if he were. Why do we have
> this squeamishness over killing people like this?

I suppose this would mean that it would've been perfectly acceptable to kill lots of people when they had bad enough post-traumatic stress to believe they were still in an institution for years after they left and wasn't showing much sign of noticing they weren't? By those standards we could also kill all concentration camp survivors who had the same reaction, and all Vietnam vets diagnosed with severe enough PTSD, all vets from Iraq with similar syndrome and... hmmmm

sounds just like when the Nazis controlled Germany only they did not kill disabled vets. I sure would not want you in charge of my advanced directive.

Marta --