[lbo-talk] Finkelstein Slimed

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Mar 23 16:41:04 PST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 01:41:48 +0200 Bryan <bryan at indymedia.org.il> writes:

> Well, there is Prof. Ilan Pappe at Haifa U.
>
> http://poli.haifa.ac.il/old_site/division_of_IR/Ilan%20Pappe.htm

As I am sure that you are well aware, the administration at Haifa University has long been hostile to Professor Pappe. As I recall, they attempted to oust him from his chair a couple of years ago. More recently, they nixed a conference that he wanted to hold concerning the historiography of the 1948 war. http://hnn.us/articles/1482.html

Steven Plaut, needless to say, is extremely hostile to Pappe. http://israpundit.blogspot.com/2002/10/steven-plauts-thoughts-emailed-to- me.html