[lbo-talk] the real power law

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 24 06:22:39 PST 2005

kevin lapalme wrote:

>I don't know much about this stuff, but I thought
>shareholder activism and "capital strategies" have
>been a tactic of community radicals like Saul Alinsky
>and institutions like the AFL-CIO, one at a grassroots
>level, the other at an aggregate level. So are both
>varieties ineffective?

I would really like to hear a list of Alinsky-style community organizing successes. As far as I can tell, it's done nothing to resist, much less reverse, the successful class war from above of the last 25 years. Ditto shareholder activism, which has been great for the owners, but not so great for the workers.

Doug