[lbo-talk] the Green Nazi platform

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 24 13:16:10 PST 2005

Celi Ben wrote:

>It's interesting to click through the articles in this Idaho
>independent newspaper, because if you went by the most frequent
>topics of plight of family farmers and int'l economic agreements,
>criticism of Bush and aspects of the war, health topics like
>aspartame and whether you should vaccine your kids, it wouldn't seem
>to be that different from progressive focuses, which would initially
>make you hope for a potential alliance.

Either that, or rethink the "progressiveness" of some of these positions. E.g., maybe our economic problems are more homegrown than they are the result of international economic agreements, and maybe opposition to vaccination is a nutty and reactionary position to hold. Maybe anxiety about foreigners and xenobiotics has a lot in common with anxiety about race-mixing, no?

Doug