[lbo-talk] Re: living death

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Mar 24 21:23:07 PST 2005

there are heartless people who would dump-kill all beings with what they considered costly disabilities, but i don't hear anything remotely like that here, and charges made that liken people to such creatures are based on emotion and very little reason...

this woman in the headlines stopped being a functioning person many years ago and is kept alive by selfishness and idolatry...the fact that we can have tubes stuck in our brains or our bellies and enable the damaged who say they "love' us to sit and watch us vegetate for hours, days, weeks and years is far more a sign of personal and social degeneracy than the notion, mostly a product of love, to stop the charade and turn off the fucking machines...

likening a person who is disabled but mobile, thinking, acting in the world, to a person who is truly among the living dead ( not just in consciousness, but physically as well) is a sickness...

and before i am consigned to the nazi heap, and while i get a bit tired of personal, anecdotal stuff to "prove" ones worthiness in any political or philosophic discussion, while i am not yet seriously disabled, i have worked for many years with disabled students...most of them are simply learning disabled, but I've worked with countless people over the years who were seriously, cripplingly, mentally and physically disabled, but could function - sometimes jusrt barely - in the world , enough to actually go to school, take a bus, ride in a car, hold a conversation, if by machine or sign language , even hold a job...while some of them were so disturbed and physically damaged that there were times i had to leave the room and go off and break down because i could not cope with the thought of what they had to face just to get out of bed or go take a dump, none of them were lying on a friggin bed with tubes in their nose, in their stomachs and up their asses while people were staring at them, petting them, stroking them, and in essence , stroking their own fucking crippled egos by refraining from having them dead and stuffed as trophies...

please don't compare this poor woman kept alive only by frankenstein money makers who collect checks as long as she doesn't decompose before their eyes,with someone who is able to go out in the world, think, create and have conscious relationships in an active and not just passive way...

once again, were lucky there is no god...if it were up to me, i'd have slipped a pill into her tube and put her to sleep, and i'd want my wife, or anyone else around if and when i became a living corpse, to do the same for me...

seig heil? fuck off...

fs