[lbo-talk] Re: living death

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 05:46:03 PST 2005

It's not often I agree with Frank, but I do here. It's absurd to think that killing Schiavo's body -- her brain and mind are long gone -- even a step on the slippery slope towards the extermination of the disabled, which I think is overblown rhetoric in the first place. From all the evidence I have heard,s he's not disabled. She's not severely retarded or brain-damaged. She's not there. It's a complete waste of political energy to fight on the same side as Tom DeLay and Jeb and W. Bush -- hardly friends of the disabled, unlike their Dad, btw, on this issue. If successful, it would involve a complete waste of scarce resources that could be used to help people who are ill or indeed disabled. And I for one am going tio check my living will to make sure that if I am ever in Schiavo's situation it is understood that I want them to pull the plug. jks