[lbo-talk] Re: living death

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Fri Mar 25 09:05:23 PST 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>I say "luckily" because this affair is quite depressing. It sets the new
>low of how barbaric the ruling class and a sizeable chunk of this country
>have become. Foolish idolatry coupled with ruthless profiteering , both
>economic and political, nicely summarizes the crux of the Schiavo debacle
>and more generally the state of the US society - which bifurcates into
>increasingly infantile masses and an army of professional profiteers who
>prey on (and cultivate) that infantilism.

The profiteering is obvious: nearly infinite profits with no risk of malpractice. How much better can it get?

But, why in a nation where one third of the population can't afford to go to the doctor, there should be this kind of upheaval for keeping a woman in a vegetative state indefinitely....I haven't a clue.

Joanna