[lbo-talk] the stupidity crisis deepens

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 25 09:51:38 PST 2005

<http://www.gawker.com/news/media/cnn/index.php#this-just-in-were-morons-037152>

This Just In: We're Morons

Filed under Media : CNN

Wow, we thought for a second there we'd left our copy of Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy in the DVD player. How else to explain this utterly stupid banter we just heard on CNN's Live From:

Miles O'Brien: Well, it looks like we're talking about another revolution in a country some of us can't pronounce. We're not mentioning any names, of course. It's kind of like Kyra-stan, but it really isn't. We're calling it 'The Tulip Revolution': People power in the 'stans, coming up.

Kyra Phillips: I love tulipsŠ Hey, Miles, is that a new portable PlayStation?

You've got your work cut out for you, Mr. Klein.

Live From [CNN]