[lbo-talk] Re: living death

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 25 10:51:40 PST 2005

C. G. Estabrook wrote:

>Even if that's true -- and I think it's at best a rather reductionist
>reading -- haven't we recently agreed that the motives for holding a
>position are no guide to the truth of that position?

You & Carrol Cox have established that; I'm not entirely convinced myself.

But I don't get what you see as "reductionist" about my assertion. Polls show evangelical Christians to be about evenly divided on the issue, with the rest of the pop heavily in favor of pulling the plug (I've appended excerpts from the ABC poll I posted the other day for detail). So it's a minority of a minority. And as for the Bush & DeLay's motives - you've got to be kidding if you think they're anything but a bunch of opportunistic poseurs.

Doug