[lbo-talk] Shaivo finale on my part (for real)

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri Mar 25 11:18:31 PST 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Miles writes:
>
>> This is exactly what disturbs me about this case: people who
>> have heard partial and biased media representations of the
>> family members weigh in as if they have all the relevant
>> information.
>
> Is this a nice summary of this mailing list? :-)
>
> In the US, this kind of activity is high sport: and I blame Perry Mason.
> A 22 minute show to describe crime, evidence, trial, and decision by 12
> peers. That's all it should take to figure it out, right?
>
> /jordan

That's one of the only shows I like to watch on TV, so I'm going to come to Perry's defense. First, it's an hour. Second, Perry always extracts a teary or defiant confession from the killer; no jury needed! Third, Perry solves the case by putting things together that we don't know about, so we know there's more going on than what we see in the show.

I do agree that bullshitting about stuff you know a little about is a favorite American sport, but don't be bringing Perry into it!

Miles