[lbo-talk] Trying To Understand Marta's POV

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri Mar 25 11:38:20 PST 2005

>--- Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>From that POV, Schiavo is not an irreparably
>damaged
>shell of a once fully alive human being, but a
>disabled person in need
>of
>protection from predatory, uncaring or
>misunderstanding non-disabled
>people.
>--
>
>Sorry, but a person with no cerebral cortex is not
>disabled. He/she is dead.
>
>Nu, zayats, pogodi!

Not so clean. A doctor from the Mayo clinic has come forward to say that he does not entirely support the PVS diagnosis - I believe that is one of the pieces of new evidence the Schindlers have brought to court to try again.

Pat Boone (OK go ahead and groan it is still relevant) was on Larry King the other night talking about his son who was wrongly diagnosed at UCLA as being in a PVS state. The Boones did not accept that and in the end they were correct to not abide by the doctors. The son improved a whole lot and gets around in a power chair now.

Marta