[lbo-talk] the Green Nazi platform

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 25 12:44:37 PST 2005

Andy F wrote:

> They don't seem to consider the eviro thing
inherently
> suspect:

No, Biehl and Staudenmaier are committed social ecologists, a school of ecology that counters 'Deep Ecology' misanthropy. Biehl et. al. are environmentalists but wrote _Ecofascism_ to highlight the dangers of the "humans are a cancer upon the earth"-type thinking that has popped up in a lot radical environmentalism. It is a real phenomenon and danger, but the entire green movement shouldn't be painted with its brush, obviously. _Ecofascism_ is published by AK Press, home to Chomsky and Churchill, among others -- not exactly a mouthpiece of the right or anything.

-B.

"I'm not too worried by hegemony / I know the cadre will look after me" - Magazine, "Model Worker," 1978