[lbo-talk] Churchill update: Thomas Brown can cheer

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 25 13:53:04 PST 2005

It was the Mandan Indians in the upper Missouri River regions that Churchill claimed were given smallpox blankets by the US Army. Apparently the source cited by Churchill had no such mention of US Army involvement. The site quickly googled below has the same words posted on many other sites plus a few links to the other claims against Churchill including inciting violence, plagarism, art theft, etc.

http://tim.2wgroup.com/blog/archives/000889.html

The campaign of the right against Churchill is vicious and political. I'm glad to hear that more in academia and elsewhere are coming out in defense of Churchill.

--tully