[lbo-talk] Fwd: Biodiesel

tully tully at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 25 16:16:11 PST 2005

Bioheat gaining steam as home-heating option By Jaci Conry, Globe Correspondent March 24, 2005

SANDWICH -- Although a typical oil truck delivers to Charles Kleekamp's home on a typical schedule, it doesn't leave the typical fuel behind. Mixed in with his hydrocarbons, Kleekamp is using vegetable oil to stoke his furnace.

That puts Kleekamp in an emerging group of New Englanders who are committed to using the blend, called bioheat, even though it costs about 10-20 cents more per gallon than regular heating fuel.

''I feel very strongly about what I'm doing. About 20 out of every 100 gallons of bioheat goes to American farmers and producers instead of unstable foreign countries," said Kleekamp. ''That's significant to me."

--more:

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/home/articles/2005/03/24/bioheat_gaining_s team_as_home_heating_option/