[lbo-talk] NYT: "Too Much Capital"

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Sat Mar 26 11:18:45 PST 2005

I do make money with it, pathetic though the amount may be.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of T Fast Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 2:04 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] NYT: "Too Much Capital"

Max Wrote:

> My PC is capital, but its only power over
> me is the occasional spirit of Bill Gates.

In both a Marxist and neoclassical sense capital is only that which is put into productive play. So your PC is not capital unless you are making money with it. I believe the tax man feels the same way to about your PC.

Travis