[lbo-talk] Re: worker freedom of choice

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 26 17:06:45 PST 2005

tully wrote:

> heh Okay, I gotta give him that. But I'm trying to figure out what
> it takes to get a discussion going here.

There are a number of different perspectives on the list, and what generates discussion amongst one tendency will be ignored or flamed by other tendencies. In the past I myself have responded angrily to those who propose individualist politics. My consumption choices are made purely on personal grounds -- except in the case of organized and politically focused boycotts, which I not only observe, but attack those who do not observe them. The list has gone round and round on this several times. I now simply ignore the question of individual consumption choices. I imagine many others do also.

How would you go about organizing collective action around your ideas?

Carrol