[lbo-talk] Leninist hipsters, unite

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 07:48:22 PST 2005

--- "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I guess the makeoutclub.com aesthetic has finally
> penetrated into the world of party recruitment
> technique. Weird.

Yeah. I went to the San Francisco Anarchist Book Fair this past weekend which, by the way, was great. And I was shocked to see there, in full force(meaning about three of them), the RCP selling their newspaper and doing "mass line". In other words they were there not for real dialogue but to steer "misguided" radical youth onto the "true" revolutionary path. At least they did not try to cop some kind of stereotyped "anarcho" look. No, they just looked like your run-of-the-mill burnt-out bolshevik.

And by the way, for those who like to characterize anarchists as only white males, there were perhaps more females present and a good number of people of color.

My only regret: I did not get to meet up with ChuckO. I realized when I got there I did not have any idea what he looked like and did not even know his real name to have him paged.

-Thomas

<<We are at such a point in mankind's evolution where changed conditions invalidate all our policies that have been so successful even in the recent past, and that presumably have constituted the ideal response to a presumably unchanging and unchangeable human condition. No wonder we are stupefied and confused-but our mistake is the same which many cultures have made before us, namely to force a rigid model upon a fluid reality.

Erich Jantsch - "Design for Evolution: Self-Organization and Planning in the Life of Human Systems"