[lbo-talk] Schindler pulled plug on his mother

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Mar 28 10:48:20 PST 2005

DIRELAND - March 28, 2005

<http://direland.typepad.com/direland/2005/03/now_that_rober_.html>

MORE HYPOCRISY: SCHIAVO'S FATHER PULLED THE PLUG ON HIS OWN MOTHER

Now that Rober Schindler--the father of Terri Schiavo--is under the sway of Randall Terry (the anti-abortion terrorist, one of whose acolytes and deputies was the abortion-doc killer James Kopp), his rhetoric has increased in vehemence against letting a human vegetable die in peace.

But it wasn't always that way. The Guardian reported back in 2003 at Schiavo's father turned off the life support systems on his very own mother:

"But, given the vehemence with which he has been fighting to prolong Terri's life, it is a little surprising to learn that Robert decided to turn off the life-support system for his mother. She was 79 at the time, and had been ill with pneumonia for a week, when her kidneys gave out. "I can remember like yesterday the doctors said she had a good life. I asked, 'If you put her on a ventilator does she have a chance of surviving, of coming out of this thing?' Robert says. ' I was very angry with God because I didn't want to make those decisions.'"