[lbo-talk] Ward Churchill & 9-11

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:45:31 PST 2005

...He didn't even seem sure what 'race' he was or at least did not add any clarity to the perennial question: 'Is Ward Churchill really an Indian or just a canny impostor from Peoria?' He challenged the white people in the press corps to 'prove their whiteness'. He of course has a point about the arbitrary and specious nature of racial classifications, but nevertheless his general flippancy didn't help. But.... I suppose he can be excused given the general circumstances....