[lbo-talk] Tung oil

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 28 13:11:22 PST 2005

At 11:20 AM 3/28/2005, Tom Walker wrote:

>Maybe there's some metaphysical equivalent to tung oil that can be used to
>polish a dialogue.
>
>The Sandwichman

Are you offering me a nice, relaxing massage?

I can't find this book for the life of me at the moment, but I used it for a citizenship class I was teaching. The argument in the book was that the most environmentally destructive lifestyles were the world's poorest and, IIIRC, the US top 20%. The argument was actually that a moderate lifestyle for everyone across the world was the most sustainable. My memory was that this would akin to living in the 2nd quintile in the U.S.

My memory is hazy, though. Anyone recall the book/argument. I think it was co-authored and one author's first name was Alan.

Kelley