[lbo-talk] Slavoj's nuptials

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 13:34:04 PST 2005

Doug:

Sorry, I included that detail for a cheap laugh. She did that when she was 15. Now she's a PhD student...

Why sir, that's outrageous.

I just performed a quick calculation using my handheld LG Technologies Humorbot 3000 conceptual joke computer (it also plays all your favorite S. Korean pop hits). That no-longer-valid underwear model datapoint reduced the overall chuckle quotient of my post by a whopping 27.8 percentage points!

and Carrol...

And I don't have the foggiest idea why this should be disappointing. What expectation does it frustrate? Do we assume some Platonic Form of The Marriage of The Intellectual? Geez.

It's the images amigo; only the images. Nothing else of importance is really known so only the images can be used to decide whether to applaud or jeer. The images say -- to many -- sleazy old chap with young cupcake. The signal flares are sent aloft.

.d.